Mid autumn is coming. It's time for some chinese traditional foods. Fatt gou, is originated from ZhanJiang, GuangDong, China.
Since last year, my parents are baking this as a hobby, and they are gradually improving. Tadaa! These are their latest product~ I personally think it's look like a smiling face, bringing prosperous and happiness to all of us =)
The recipe credit goes to my lai ma(babysitter).
A- Yeast ingredient
cooked rice- 1 bowl (we use leftover rice)
alcohol cube (zau beng 酒饼 can get from any grocery shop)- 1 piece
300g Tepung beras- rice flour
food colouring powder(red or yellow are great)- adjust according to tone preference
ENO- 1 packet
12cm paper cup
1. Keep ingredient A in closed container at dry and cool place for 2-3days.
2. After 2-3days, blend the ingredients A to fluffy.
3. Mix ingredients B in a large bowl or container to a mixture.
4. Add in 3 big spoons of prepared A into mixture B.
5. Cover and place the ingredient for 6-8hours before steaming.
6. Add in a 1 packet of ENO and allow effervescence.
7. Quickly pour the mixture into small cups or appropriate containers.(we fit the ingredients into 15 12cm paper cup containers.)
8. Steam them in well-covered wok. Ensure the wok is well sealed to prevent air leaking out.
9. Serve hot. It wont be harden even it's cooled =) It's advisable to steam i before consuming on the next day.
*put a few pandan leaves in the water while steaming the fatt gou will make it more aromatic*
Hope you guys like the recipe and enjoy baking^^